John E. Taylor
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Professor of Law (2002)
- A.B., University of North Carolina
- M.A., Stanford University
- Ph.D., Stanford University
- J.D., University of North Carolina School of Law
- Contributing Editor, DEREK BLACK, EDUCATION LAW: FAIRNESS, EQUALITY, AND REFORM (Aspen 2013) (chapter 9, Religion in the Schools)
- Values, Courts, and Culture War: The Case of Abstinence-Only Sex Education, 18 William & Mary Bill of Rights J. 1053 (2010).
- Tinker and Viewpoint Discrimination, 77 UMKC L. REV. (2009).
- Why Student Religious Speech is Speech, 110 W. VA. L. REV. 223 (2007).
- Introduction to Symposium, The Religion Clauses in the 21st Century, 110 W. VA. L. REV. i (2007) (w/ William P. Marshall and Vivian E. Hamilton).
- A Tribute to Steven Gey, 110 W. VA. L. REV. _ (2007) (w/ William P. Marshall and Vivian E. Hamilton).
- Using Suppression Hearing Testimony to Prove Good Faith Under United States v. Leon, 54 U. KAN. L. REV. 155 (2005)
- Using Suppression Hearing Testimony to Prove Good Faith Under United States v. Leon, 54 U. Kan. L. Rev. 155 (2005)
- “Helping Those Who Help Themselves: The Fourth Circuit’s Treatment of Agreements to Arbitrate Statutory Employment Discrimination Claims in Brown v. ABF Freight Systems, Inc. and EEOC v. Waffle House, Inc.,” 79 N.C. L. Rev. 239 (2000)
- “AT&T Corp. v. Iowa Utilities Board: The Supreme Court Recognizes Broad FCC Jurisdiction over Local Telephone Competition,” 78 N.C. L. Rev. 1645 (2000)
- Professor, West Virginia University College of Law, 2008-present
- Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, West Virginia University College of Law, 2010-2013
- Visiting Professor, University of North Carolina School of Law, 2009-2010
- Associate Professor, West Virginia University College of Law, 2002-2008
- Visiting Lecturer in Philosophy and Religion, North Carolina State University, 1995-1996
- Law Clerk, Honorable M. Blane Michael, United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, 2001-2002
- Summer Associate, Brooks, Pierce, McLendon, Humphrey & Leonard, L.L.P. (Raleigh, NC)
- Summer Associate, Wyche, Burgess, Freeman & Parham, P.A. (Greenville, SC)
- Summer Associate, Smith, Anderson, Blount, Dorsett, Mitchell & Jernigan, L.L.P. (Raleigh, NC)
FX: (304) 293-6891
– Torts I
– Education Law
– Religion & the Constitution
– Criminal Procedure I: Investigation