The WVU Law Admissions office is here to help you make the best decision possible about where to pursue your legal education.We will help you navigate through the admissions process and answer any questions you might have about WVU Law, including value, a return on investment, and if we are the best fit for you.
- A Top 50 (#33) “Go To” Law School ( The National Law Journal)
- Ranked 15th in the nation among Best Law Schools for Public Interest (preLaw magazine)
- Ranked 16th in the nation among Best Value Law Schools (The National Jurist magazine)
- Ranked 91st in the nation among Top Schools of Law (U.S. News & World Report 2014)
- A Top 5 Best Regional Law School for Black Students (On Being a Black Lawyer magazine)
- Recipient of the *2012 Excellence in Pro Bono Award *(Super Lawyer)
WVU College of Law equips students with the tools necessary to be competitive nationally and internationally. We prepare 21st century lawyers and leaders to serve the public, government, and businessboth locally and globallywhile focusing on justice, ethics, professionalism, and service in a diverse, vibrant, and respectful community. Meet some of our students.
From the first day that you set foot on our campus, you will see real-life examples of how the WVU College of Law creates a culture of excellence. You will have the opportunity to gain experience in countless areas of the law and learn from experts—in a supportive and welcoming atmosphere.
Look over our website. Read about our exceptional law clinics or the innovative Center for Energy and Sustainable Development or discover another program that interests you. Then, set up a visit to Morgantown and the West Virginia University College of Law. While you are here, observe a class, tour the law school, and meet with students and professors. You can even shadow a law student through a day of classes.
Please contact the Admissions office with any questions. We look forward to the opportunity to assist you.