Dr. Shine Tu
Associate Professor of Law
Prior to joining the faculty at the WVU College of Law Associate Professor Sean (Sean) Tu was an associate with Foley & Lardner LLP and was a member of the firm’s Chemical, Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical Practice, and the Life Sciences and Nanotechnology Industry Teams.
Dr. Tu was previously a summer associate in Foley & Lardner’s Washington, D.C. office as part of the Patent Law group. Prior to joining Foley, Dr. Tu worked as a research assistant for Judge Richard A. Posner of the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit. more...
University of Chicago Law School with Honors Class of 2008
– Research Assistant to Judge Richard A. Posner- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
Cornell University Graduate School, Ph.D.
– Doctor of Philosophy in Pharmacology / Minor in Cancer Cell Biology Jan. 2003
University of Florida Undergraduate, B.S./B.S. College of Liberal Arts and Science
– Bachelor of Science in Chemistry May 1997
– Bachelor of Science in Microbiology May 1997
- Associate at Foley & Lardner (Patent Law Group) 2008 – 2011
- Research Assistant for Judge Richard A. Posner- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- Summer Associate at Foley & Lardner (Washington D.C. Office- Patent Law Group)
- Tu, S., Rosen, D., Bent, S., White, M. Generic Protections: A Synopsis of the Generic Approval Process in the U.S., Japan, China, and the European Union, BNA, 2011.
- Tu, S., Dudas, J., Kiko, P., Wilson, B. A Perfect Storm is Brewing Against Personalized Medicine Bloomberg Law Reports, February 2010.
- Scher, R., Peet, R., Wright, J., Tu, S., Schorr, K., Berkowitz, B. Amicus Brief Association for Molecular Pathology v. Myriad Genetics. January 11, 2010.
- Tu, S., Maebius, S., Dudas, J Squeezing more patent protection from a smaller budget without compromising quality. Landslide, November / December 2009 2(2): 35-37.
- Dudas, J., Frisch, J., Tu, S. Patent Reform Legislation in the US: Where is it Going? Lexis-Nexis China Legal Review Volume 29, September 2009.
- Dudas, J., Maebius, S., Tu, S. Let the PTO pay its own way The National Law Journal, October 26, 2009.
- Dudas, J., Maebius, S., Tu, S. Cost effective patent prosecution without compromising quality August 2009 AIPPI Japan Newsletter
- Tu, S., Hakim, A., Maebius, S. Legal aid- ABCs of patent protection FirstMonday. September 1, 2009
- Dudas, J., Maebius, S. Tu, S. New roads to patent allowance, IP Law 360, 2009
- Maebius, S., Waltz, J.A., Rosen, D., Tu, S. Patenting risk evaluation & mitigation strategies for pharmaceuticals: A New Life Cycle Management Target for Patents? Pharmaceutical Law & Industry, 7(1): 1-3, 2009